March 9, 2011

New Group Exhibit in the South Hills of Pittsburgh

One of the more local artist groups I enjoy membership in, here in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, is a group called the Upper St. Clair league for the Arts. Every spring for about the last four years or so, that group has been given the opportunity by the Lois Guinn Gallery to have a nice group exhibit. In past years I’ve sold work in this exhibit so I try not to miss the show.

The gallery (which is technically in McMurray) sits about three miles or so past South Hills Village mall. Click here for directions. The owner, Ms. Carrie Hutsko, is very cooperative and helpful in putting on this exhibit and the members appreciate it too.

This year the show will run from Saturday, March 26th to Sunday April 10th. The opening reception will be held at the gallery on Saturday, March 26th, from noon to 4:00 PM. Many if not all of the artists will share refreshments and talk with the visitors to the show. Below are the three pieces I’m submitting this year, although the two small ones may not make it in because of space limitations.


As a ramp up for the show I always like to (if time permits) design, and send out a few post cards. This years post card had my new oil painting “Salt and Pepper” on the front, and the back looked like this:


I mentioned last post that I would share a brief step-by-step of this painting. Didn’t happen did it? Well I’ll try and do it next post.

By the way, my sketchbook for the Sketchbook Project Tour, travels to Austin, Texas on Saturday. It will be on display at the Austin Museum of Art. Who knows, maybe Andy Roddick will see it!