October 31, 2011

Postcards From an Opening Reception

Had a real nice time at the opening reception of the Pittsburgh Society of Artists Annual Exhibit the other night. I went stag but did have my camera with me to shoot these views for you. The venu was the Fein Arts Gallery on Pittsburgh’s North Side.

                           Postcard One: View upon entering the gallery space.

 To make the night even better, my painting, “Salt and Pepper” was sold within an hour and a half of the start of the reception!


                            Postcard Two: A patron ponders my piece.

I was a bit surprised at the amount of photography in the show. It was great however, to see the jurors top prize going to a really well-done (and realistic) oil landscape.

Overall the reception was well attended and enjoyable.

                            Postcard Three: Mixing and mingling.

JoeWinklerArt.com