November 8, 2011

Random Note and a Photography Sidebar

Here is one of my holiday paintings that was just purchased by a family member.

                             "Cutouts", 5x7 oil on canvas

I just finished an updated version of this for another buyer who really wanted an original of this composition. I don’t have a picture of that one yet, but I will soon. I refined the brushwork a bit and “fixed” a couple things. I don’t plan to make a habit of recreating existing paintings though. I like to come up with new compositions.

Photography Sidebar:

Many folks have a digital camera but don’t know how to use it. Some people have a digital camera and know how use it, but cannot create visually pleasing compositions. Perhaps you are one of the former or the latter.

Being a graphic artist and oil painter, how could I not own several cameras, and shoot a bunch of imagery? Like many other folks I had tons of images sitting on my hard drives and archive disks. So what I did recently was begin processing and uploading all my best images to my new Flickr Photo stream.

Every once in a while I plan to feature one of my photos here, talk about my work flow, and about what makes a good composition and why. So please click here to check out my photos on my Flicker Page and let me know what you think!

JoeWinklerArt.com