May 22, 2018

The Royal Retouch

Come down from your royal wedding high yet? Me neither. I have been processing and uploading my Windsor Castle images to my Pixels and Flickr sites for the past few days.

Fun stuff, but the one problem with digital images (especially highly valued vacation ones) is that the creative options for visually bringing them to life can be a bit overwhelming.

For instance, my raw shot below has potential to be decent photo.


Then, below is the shot after I processed and retouched it - removing people, security barriers and some other stuff.


Below is just one final version of the image. The effects involved were basically pumping up the volume on the color, selective blurring, selective darkening, and finally selective sharpening then cropping it.


See more of my photography on my Flickr page, and fine art on my Pixels page.