May 10, 2010

Church Photo Fun

Here's an example of the fun I like to have composing and processing photos. While visiting the church murals last week in Millvale, after our docent ended her talk, Linda was sitting there just taking it all in. I positioned myself a few pews behind her and took some shots toying with the depth of field between her and the Virgin Mary statue. I took about twelve different shots. After reviewing them all in Bridge, I decided on the top one as the best. Using the CS4 version of camera RAW and photoshop I was able to get a better crop, push color, tweek blur, direct light and selectively sharpen, to come up with the image below. Kind of works well as a composition. I can't remember if I was shooting RAW or JPG at the time. I'd have to check the metadata of the shot in Bridge. Oh well, that's all for today.