August 2, 2010

Another Monday - Another Sketch

Well it's Monday boys and girls and I wish I could tell you I worked on my sketchbook project all weekend.  I cannot in good conscience tell you that however, because it just isn't true.  Spent the entire weekend working with the wife to put the kitchen together, clean out the fridge, put up shelves in a closet, hang pictures, shop, and go to area church carnivals.  The good news is that at least I now have a flat surface to eat off of in the house, that is not completely covered with paper!

 Tell you what I did do though. Near the end of last week I did these couple sketches. Did both from my own photo reference and took about one hour total (about 52 minutes on the hand, and  8 minutes on the sketch of the guy walking.)  I'm pretty happy with them. I'm going to continue to shoot people on my lunch two-hours as reference and then just do quick sketches of them whenever I can.  That way I don’t feel like I'm being watched while trying to sketch out in a crowd.  I hate attention!  Live attention that is, electronic attention is another thing completely...  but I digress.  I'm also trying to come up with a nice cover.  Any Ideas you let me know by e-mailing me at joe@joewinklerart.com

Well Monday is half over with by now.  LUV it!