October 11, 2010

The Best of PSI

Probably the most talented pool of artists I am associated with is a group called the Pittsburgh Society of Illustrators. (Visit their website by clicking here). Over the weekend PSI opened a new exhibit simply called “The Best of PSI” in the McKees Rocks area of Pittsburgh. The show runs through early December and lives in a nice new building called the Father Ryan Arts Center right on the main drag.


The opening reception was held on Saturday and got a much better turn out than some of the quick photos I’m showing you here. A great time was had by all! Always nice to see some good art and talk to fellow artists. Plus the fact that this was the first art reception I went to with my new wife by my side. REAL nice.


This is me with my oil painting “Packard”.



This is my good friend (and mentor) Dan with his montage tribute to Roberto Clemente. See more of Dan's design and illustration work at danhartdesign.com


Of course it’s hard to take in all the great work at an opening reception, so I’ll probably be happening by the show one or twice before it’s gone. Hope to see you there! Here's a link to "The Rocks" section of Pittsburgh by the way.