December 17, 2010

Society of Artists Reception

Here are a few quick and random shots I took last evening at the reception for the 2010 Pittsburgh Society of Artists member show. The exhibit is going on now through January 18th, 2011 at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh’s gallery on the Blvd. of the Allies in downtown Pittsburgh. My 16x20 oil painting “Packard” is in the show.

All the art looked fantastic. I can’t wait to go back and really take my time and study all the good work.


That gallery space is really nice mostly because of the huge windows on the street side. I was a bit disappointed to learn that we (member artists) were not allowed to put any promotional materials on the table in the center of the gallery. I was told that the show was too large to accommodate all the cards and sample sheets artists would want to put there. I’ve been in exhibits that were just as large if not larger than this, (with the Pittsburgh Society of Illustrators) and we’ve always had full use of that table. I think a different person is managing the gallery these days though.


Lastly, here is an image I shot a few hours ago from the sidewalk looking into the gallery. Told you those windows are great. My painting can be seen by all passers by!