March 22, 2011

Today’s Random Cool Things

Just dropped off my three paintings this morning for the Upper St. Clair Art League exhibit at the Lois Guinn framing and gallery. Come to the reception this Saturday! (Yes you’ll get free food and drinks).

As if that’s not cool enough, I just came across a story about a really cool sounding art exhibit. It’s cool because it has tennis as the theme. I love tennis. Read the story here.

Do you love the paintings of Diego Velazquez? Me too! Well click here for a really cool YouTube video that reviews the exhibit of his work at the National Gallery of London a couple years ago.  I enjoy watching this from time-to-time. And I KNOW you will too! So tangible!

And finally, turning to graphic design for a moment, thought I’d share a website that is a must for any self-respecting graphic artist. Or anyone looking to get a clean logo art as opposed to a messy jpg. Brands of the World dot com enables you to download vector, yes VECTOR art, of millions of company logos. (If you don’t know the difference between vector art and a rasterized piece of art, you probably won’t find this site so cool.)

joe@joewinklerart.com

JoeWinklerArt.com