August 16, 2011

Selling "Urn with Fruit"

This is one of the original oil still lifes which sold in my solo exhibit last month.

                  "Urn with Fruit"  9x12 inches

This painting is a good example of where much of my art is headed - fun and elegant still lives where I can control the entire setup, lights and all. They're not all going to be fruit of course!

I paint because I enjoy painting and I like to enjoy the fruits of my labor beyond monetary gain. Selling this piece was bitter-sweet for me because I became emotionally attached to it.

The fact it sold because someone appreciates it as much as I do meant a lot. I had a great deal of fun executing it, then got to enjoy looking at it myself for a couple of years on my wall before selling it. That is the exact scenario I'd like to have for every piece I create!

JoeWinklerArt.com