April 17, 2012

The Award-winning Cat

The Juried fine art exhibit of the Upper St. Clair Art League is in full swing this week.  I submitted two new pieces, (see bottom image in previous post) and one piece I did last year. Friday was the reception and awards handout, and my painting of our cat, “Lilly Mesmerized”, won third place. That’s the one I did last year.

                              "Lilly Mesmerized", 12x24 inches, oil on canvas.

In this same exhibit in 2011, I won first place. I can’t complain however, since this is the second time I’ve entered that cat painting in a juried exhibit and the second time it won a cash award. Guess folks love their cats.

The juror for this years show was watercolor artist, and all round good gal, Kit Paulsen. Visit Kit’s site by clicking here.

JoeWinklerArt.com