4/17/12

The Award-winning Cat

The Juried fine art exhibit of the Upper St. Clair Art League is in full swing this week.  I submitted two new pieces, (see bottom image in previous post) and one piece I did last year. Friday was the reception and awards handout, and my painting of our cat, “Lilly Mesmerized”, won third place. That’s the one I did last year.

                              "Lilly Mesmerized", 12x24 inches, oil on canvas.

In this same exhibit in 2011, I won first place. I can’t complain however, since this is the second time I’ve entered that cat painting in a juried exhibit and the second time it won a cash award. Guess folks love their cats.

The juror for this years show was watercolor artist, and all round good gal, Kit Paulsen. Visit Kit’s site by clicking here.

JoeWinklerArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment