December 27, 2012

Gettysburg Tribute Continued

We are drawing close to the year 2013 (the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg), so I’ve spent part of the holidays drawing. I’ve finished a couple more “source renderings” of the historical figures of the battle of Gettysburg, for what I hope will become my personnel tribute to that piece of American history.

Gouverneur K. Warren

Patrick Henry O'Rorke

Almost no shading in these yet. I’m still rolling around ideas for what a “finished” piece could look like for these. As I said in an earlier post, I’d prefer not to do an oil painting for these, but something completely different - digital perhaps.

I painted a few backgrounds the other day which I'm going to scan in, so we'll see what happens. Starting with traditional media and finishing on the computer is something new for me.

For more sketchy (pun intended) details on this project, along with other source renderings click HERE.

For now, back to the drawing board!

JoeWinklerArt.com