June 8, 2011

Today’s Featured Sketch and Some Photography News

The Roland Garros mens final is behind us and I’m still in a bit of a mild depression from Roger’s loss. So I thought I’d look forward to the Championships Wimbledon (where strawberries and cream are the main delight) and share with you a quick painting sketch I did for the Sketchbook Project 2011, (which visits the Form/Space Ateller in Seattle, WA on June 10th throught the 12th by the way).


This will potentially turn into a full blown painting at some point. Repetition is an under-used design element by me, so thought I’d try it in this piece. The background color was an experiment. Maybe I’ll go even higher key in the final version of the painting.

___

I was just made aware (by a fellow Beatles freak) of one item of interest in the photography world today; there is a new exhibit of the late Linda McCartney’s photographs on view in London. “Linda McCartney - Life In Photographs” is at London gallery Phillips De Pury until June 16th. If your summer holiday is taking you to the Championships this year head up the road a bit early and visit the gallery. All the prints are for sale.


Speaking of photography, I remain hard at work processing my digital negatives from my Nevada holiday, and setting up my Flickr galleries. Let you know when they are ready to view.

joewinklerart.com